Nintendo's beloved team-based arena-shooter Splatoon 2 has a new update ready to rock your Nintendo Switch. The update should download next time you boot up the game for some run 'n' gun mayhem, seeing changes implemented to the Ranking system, Salmon Run mode and numerous other tweaks across the board.
The full list of patch notes for the update, Version 1.4.0, are as follows:
Changes to Player Ranks
- Previously when going down in rank while rank S+1 or higher, players could drop to S+0 all at once. This drop is now limited to a maximum of five ranks levels.
- In conjunction with the above change, maintaining current rank from S+0 to S+49 will now require the rank meter to stay at least 50% full (was previously 40%).
Changes to Salmon Run
- Fixed an issue causing certain combinations of main and special weapons to not appear, though they had been among the four supplied for that session of Salmon Run.
- Fixed an issue causing players in life preserver form positioned near the edge of a stage to fall through the stage when super jumping to the starting point or to the Grizzco ship at the end of a wave.
- Fixed an issue when hunting for a Goldie, causing its size and the location of the Golden Eggs it drops when defeated to appear differently to different players.
- Fixed an issue allowing a Flyfish’s missle launcher to be destroyed when hit with a bomb just as it closed, although the bomb hadn’t gone inside.
- Fixed an issue causing players swimming on walls to take damage continuously when attacked by a Chum, Smallfry, or Cohock.
- Fixed an issue preventing ink from a Slosher from reviving allied players in life preserver form at point-blank range.
- Fixed an issue that gave both pieces of gear the same randomly assigned gear abilities when receiving the current and previous month’s Limited-Time Bonus gear simultaneously.
Changes to Spectator Mode
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect animations to play when objects other than players, such as Inkrails or Splash Walls were damaged while viewing a particular player’s perspective.
- The sound effect that plays when taking damage during regular play now also plays when viewing that player’s perspective in spectator mode.
- Fixed issues while creating posts in which 1)lines drawn outside of the frame and then back into the frame failed to properly appear and 2)the “undo” function failed to work properly.
- Fixed an issue when testing weapons in which coming into contact with one of the targets immediately after performing a vertical swing with a roller failed to deal contact damage.
- Fixed an issue when testing weapons in which coming into contact with one of the targets continuously with a Brella-type weapon incorrectly only damaged the target once.
- Fixed an issue occurring when exceeding the number of displayable League Battle results caused recent results to not be displayed instead of the oldest results.
- Updating to Ver.1.4.0 will disable wireless matchmaking for local multiplayer with players using Ver.1.3.0
Changes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where, under the following conditions, players would only receive the benefit of Ink Resistance Up when stacking it to maximum effect.
- Moving while shooting a weapon in the Shooter category.
- Moving while shooting a weapon in the Dualie category.
- Moving while preparing to throw a bomb or sub weapon.
- When storing a charged shot with a Charger, swimming into enemy ink and being returned to kid form now allows you to maintain the charge you had stored.
- Fixed an issue preventing players using a Charger from shooting when pressing ZR again after releasing the button once a stored charged shot had expired.
- Decreased the knock back distance when coming into contact with a roller that has run out of ink or is in mid-air.
- Fixed an issue causing the aiming reticule to display outside the center of the screen when moving the camera and using a Roller or Brella-type weapon.
- Fixed an issue causing Brellas to shoot in an off-center direction when shooting them while moving the camera.
- Fixed an issue causing a discrepancy in movement speed while trying to shoot a Brella-type weapon with no ink remaining, as opposed to shooting a Brella with ink in the ink tank.
- Fixed an issue causing Slosher-type weapons to shoot ink from a higher position than they appeared to.
- Fixed an issue occasionally allowing opposing players standing behind a Splash Wall to be splatted when a bomb hit the edge of the wall.
- Fixed an issue causing Curling Bombs to lose speed inappropriately when thrown on sloping surfaces.
- Fixed an issue causing bombs not to ink the floor when exploding at the very edge of a stage.
- Fixed an issue causing the predicted range of the sub weapon to incorrectly display when readying an Ink Storm special while also equipped with either a Point Sensor or Toxic Mist sub weapon.
- Fixed an issue causing the inking effect of an Ink Storm special to occur unnaturally when the storm intersected with a roof or other similar object in a stage.
- Bubbles from the Bubble Blower that burst after the end of a match will no longer ink the stage.
- Fixed an issue causing movement speed while firing the Bubble Blower to vary depending on which main weapon was equipped.
- In Rainmaker mode, equipping weapons such as the E-liter 4K and Dynamo Roller will no longer lower movement and swim speed while holding the Rainmaker.
- Fixed an issue in Rainmaker Mode in which splatting a player holding the Rainmaker while they were jumping caused the Rainmaker to reappear not in its fixed location, but where the player had started their jump.
- Fixed an issue in The Reef causing Suction Bombs and other objects thrown onto the area around the central bridge to sink inside it.
- Fixed an issue in Inkblot Art Academy causing players readying a Roller or Brella at specific locations in the stage to fall through it.
- Fixed an issue in Moray Towers causing players who fell off the stage near its center to fall faster than in other stages.
- Fixed an issue in Manta Maria allowing players to enter into certain pillars in the stage.
- Fixed an issue applying to the Drop Roller in which players returning to their starting point after using the Inkjet special were unable to roll when going into squid form just before landing.
- Specifications for some of the main weapons have been changed.
- Specifications for some of the special weapons have been changed.
- Specifications for some of the gear abilities have been changed.
- Points required to fill the special gauge for some weapons have been changed.