DICE's final content update for Battlefield V is rolling out tomorrow, June 4, right one cue.
The Summer Update adds two maps – one of which, Al Marj Encampment, is all-new – plus nine weapons, six vehicles, five gadgets, and three grenades. The other map, Provence, "has been extended to include the farm land, and areas around the outskirts of town, bringing tanks into this battlefield on 64-player Conquest, and Breakthrough," according to Battlefieldcommunity manager Freeman.
"Both of these maps feature the U.S. and German armies as the two playable factions, with additional changes having also been made to Twisted Steel and Panzerstorm," he explained. "We'll be following up with a similar adjustment on Al Sundan later this month; in the interim this map won't feature in rotations while we make these changes. Twisted Steel and Panzerstorm will otherwise continue to operate as UK and German factions on Grand Operations and won't be adjusted in this mode."
Aside from the maps, here's a list of the new Summer Update content:
- Sjögren Shotgun (Support)
- Chauchat (Support)
- M3 Infrared (Recon)
- K31/43 (Recon)
- Welgun (Medic)
- M1941 Johnson (Assault)
- PPK/PPK Suppressed (all classes)
- M1911 Suppressed (all classes)
- Welrod (all classes)
- A-20 bomber (U.S. Faction)
- P-70 Night Fighter (U.S. Faction)
- P-51D fighter plane (U.S. Faction)
- P-51K fighter plane (U.S. Faction)
- M8 Greyhound (U.S. Faction)
- Puma Armored Car (German Faction)
- Doppel-Schuss (Recon)
- RMN 50 Grenade Launcher (Recon)
- Pistol Flamethrower (Assault)
- Shaped Charge (Support)
- Kampfpistole (Support)
- Firecracker Grenade (all classes)
- Demolition Grenade (all classes)
- Type 99 Mine (all classes)
New Soldier Characters:
- 14 New U.S. Faction Soldiers
- 2 New Japan Faction Soldiers
The Chauchat has landed. For the full list of changes and additions, hit up those patch notes.
As much as I'll always like BFV, it could never seem to catch up to fans' expectations quick enough.
Battlefield V - Summer Update Notes [Battlefield Forums]