Your Cart is empty
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host this week! I can feel it, I can feel the heat of Summer and the deluge of E3 nonsense right around the corner. I bet many of you feel the same way. Hopefully the "Summer game drought," won't be as bad as it normally is, and the Steam Summer Sale lives up to everyone's expectations. I don't know about you, but I need at least one of the quarters of the year to go off without a hitch. But whatever, you didn't come here to listen to me rant about our poor position in the greater world, so let's jump right into the site related housekeeping!
- Due to recent issues, the Giant Bomb engineering team have pulled the series continuity feature from Giant Bomb Infinite. To read why this is being done, give site design lead Will's latest blog a read.
- The 1099 podcast had the pleasure of interviewing Ben as a podcast guest recently. Give it a listen to discover how Ben has adjusted to the Giant Bomb offices and community.
We already have an online community for BattleTech! Post your Steam ID over here and play the game with other Giant Bomb users!
Tweets Of The Week
Y'know, @ybbaaabby, it's not until it's all cut together like this do I realize exactly what I just spent 3 months watching.— Jeremy Medina (@JeremyRMedina) April 26, 2018
You're a murderer. Congratulations on completing your mission! pic.twitter.com/2sphf5UvSB
Clips Of The Week
Here's a hilarious compilation video of Jeff's progress in making a backpack to pilot a robot. The Ben segment is by far the best part of the video.
Giant Bomb Galleria
Over on Twitter, natt0 heard Jan's request for a version of Ben as the Spelunky protagonist, and they obliged with this work of art.
jaypethian tried their hand at creating a version of the Spelunky Guy using Ben's image. Here's the awesome end result of their hard work.
Whelp, in commemoration of Jeff getting into the robot he created in Labo, Giant Bomb user retsugavan created this work of art.
Best Of Blogs
Giant Bomb user deckard continues they re-exploration of the Ys franchise with a thorough examination of the PC port of Ys Origin. Good to hear he too hates the "Evil Ring" moment.
JeremyF briefly comments on why gaming children, and the greater world in general, deserves and desperately NEEDS a new Putt-Putt game.
TheMist997 uses their latest blog to pontificate how game developers and publishers are encouraging consumers to wait before purchasing games.
bonbolapti writes why they were especially let-down by the gameplay sequences and overall direction in the Detroit: Become Human demo.
jeffrud wrote a MASSIVE blog piece on the often forgotten Namco classic, Bosconian, and its many computer home ports. It's really a work of art!
On his weekly periodical, Mento discusses trying other randomizers after his entertaining time with a scrambled version of A Link to the Past, and also provides his final words on Final Fantasy XV and Snake Pass.
Join The Discussion
For those of you who have completed God of War, you can share your spoiler-filled impressions of the game's late game content and ending over here.
What are your big takeaways from the Destiny 2 Warmind DLC reveal? Did the reveal stream leave you feeling positive or negative about the game's future?
What do you make of Valve's purchase of Campo Santo? Are you excited at the prospect of Valve publishing video games again? No one is going to argue that this means Half Life 3 is right around the corner.
With the Western release of Yakuza 6, what do you think is the best "individual scene" the franchise has shown off? Share and defend your favorite Yakuza moment over here.
CALLING ALL EUROVISION FANS! We now have a community "hype thread" for the musical contest everyone cannot wait to watch.
What are YOUR impressions of the Detroit: Become Human demo? Is it a tour de force of technical excellence, or undeniably problematic?
Rhythm games are going through a bit of a renaissance on mobile phones and imhungry uses their latest list to prove it! Give it a read to find out the best music experiences on iOS/Android.
2016 seems like such a long time ago, and that's why guip1408 thought it was important to go back and annotate their favorite games from the year.
Useful User Reviews
- @stealthmaster86 uses their review of God of War to highlight how it is one of the best video game experiences they have had in years.
- @morecowbell24 reviewed Synthetik, and you can read how it crafts a profoundly satisfying experience between its 80s inspired graphics and aesthetics.
- @machofantastico finally got around to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and reviews why it's a triumph of modern game design with its excellent use of the open world system.
- @babychoochoo uses their review of Steep to articulate why they want to like the game more than they do, but they just CAN'T!
- @jeffrud played nearly 20 hours of Sonic Heroes over a weekend for Giant Bomb Community Endurance Run VIII. Here's their unsurprisingly negative post-mortem of the game.
- @riostarwind recently played Zone of the Enders HD Collection and uses their review to articulate how there's never been a game quite like it.
The default image of the Grief Beard wiki concept page has been changed! What a great concept page.