The Outer Worldsand Death Strandingare two games I'm very into right now, but they both contain lots of little words that can be a struggle to make out. I can't imagine what it's been like for folks playing on a responsible-human-sized TV, or anyone who likes to sit a decent distance away from their screen.
Obsidian has heard our pleas for bigger text. As of patch 1.1, The Outer Worldsnow has an option to increase the font size – you can find it inside the Settings menu, tucked away in the UI tab.
According to Vice, the biggest increase is found in conversational text – a major facet of this chatty RPG – but item descriptions in your inventory might still be tough to pin down, toggle or no toggle.
Update 1.1 isn't solely here to bump up the font, though. There are also fixes and tweaks:
- The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved.
- Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4.
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level. Now deals the damage it should have been dealing all along.
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest.
- Fix for "Radio Free Monarch" where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party.
- Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4.
- The achievement/trophy for "It's Not the Best Choice" will pop correctly.
I'm looking forward to getting back to my crew once I lighten my backlog a bit more.
The Outer Worlds Patch 1.1 Release Notes [Obsidian]